2016 has been a most remarkable year indeed. For me, it started on a low. I was tired, frustrated and without motivation. I was sick of thinking about the future, it seemed too far away, too hard to grasp, too out there.
Then things happened that made me realize that I had put my life on hold by myself. The future is now, and I had to accept that and make the best of every moment. So, I flipped the switch, lost a few nights of sleep and started on a rough but fulfilling path and here’s what I learned; I hope it speaks to you.
- The more you wait, the less motivated you will be. Jump in now![dt_gap height=”3″ /]
- Sometimes the dots only connect in hindsight. Don’t try to figure it all out. Start now!
- You have to live intentionally and make the best of every season. That’s the way to fulfill your purpose.[dt_gap height=”3″ /]
- The journey is as important as the destination. Keep going![dt_gap height=”3″ /]
- Your skills don’t seem important to you because you haven’t taken stock of them. Look deeply, and you’ll find the treasure that lies dormant.[dt_gap height=”3″ /]
- Resistance is that thing that has kept you from doing the exciting things you dream about. It’s never going to stop; you just have to start.[dt_gap height=”3″ /]
- Low output seasons are for a reason. Learn the lessons but don’t stay there.[dt_gap height=”3″ /]
- Many times, we start with no plan to sustain momentum. Think long term and your efforts will yield more value.[dt_gap height=”3″ /]
- You have to go looking for great ideas. They don’t always creep up on you.[dt_gap height=”3″ /]
- It’s easy to be ordinary; you just have to refuse to try.[dt_gap height=”3″ /]
- There’s something deep in you that will only be revealed when you do more than you thought you could.[dt_gap height=”3″ /]
- The more great work you do, the more confident you will become.[dt_gap height=”3″ /]
- Find what works for you and do it at a pace that works for you.[dt_gap height=”3″ /]
- You figure out life by living it and going through the motions isn’t living.[dt_gap height=”3″ /]
- You don’t have to be able to do a thousand things. What you have is enough. Use it!
What were the biggest lessons you learned in 2016? Share them with me. I’d love to know what stood out most for you.
Let’s make 2017 even better!
May all our dreams come true, with pomp and splendor!
[dt_divider style=”thin” /]
Are you a budding writer or aspiring author? Join me for a 5-Day Jumpstart Challenge from January 9-13. Click here to get a very useful pdf and to stay updated on the challenge. :)[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row]
2 thoughts on “My 2016: The 411 [Year-in-review]”
For me, the end of this year has brought unexpected ideas… things I never dreamed of doing now tug at my heart, pulling me somewhere I’ve never been. Even though I’m slightly apprehensive, I’m stepping into 2017 with expectations. In 2016, I’ve learned to live the moment and enjoy where I am.
I feel the same way, Sis! No telling what we can accomplish. Let’s do this!