2016 has been a most remarkable year indeed. For me, it started on a low. I was tired, frustrated and without motivation. I was sick of thinking about the future, it seemed too far away, too hard to grasp, too out there.
Then things happened that made me realize that I had put my life on hold by myself. The future is now, and I had to accept that and make the best of every moment. So, I flipped the switch, lost a few nights of sleep and started on a rough but fulfilling path and here’s what I learned; I hope it speaks to you.
- The more you wait, the less motivated you will be. Jump in now!
- Sometimes the dots only connect in hindsight. Don’t try to figure it all out. Start now!
- You have to live intentionally and make the best of every season. That’s the way to fulfill your purpose.
- The journey is as important as the destination. Keep going!
- Your skills don’t seem important to you because you haven’t taken stock of them. Look deeply, and you’ll find the treasure that lies dormant.
- Resistance is that thing that has kept you from doing the exciting things you dream about. It’s never going to stop; you just have to start.
- Low output seasons are for a reason. Learn the lessons but don’t stay there.
- Many times, we start with no plan to sustain momentum. Think long term and your efforts will yield more value.
- You have to go looking for great ideas. They don’t always creep up on you.
- It’s easy to be ordinary; you just have to refuse to try.
- There’s something deep in you that will only be revealed when you do more than you thought you could.
- The more great work you do, the more confident you will become.
- Find what works for you and do it at a pace that works for you.
- You figure out life by living it and going through the motions isn’t living.
- You don’t have to be able to do a thousand things. What you have is enough. Use it!
What were the biggest lessons you learned in 2016? Share them with me. I’d love to know what stood out most for you.
Let’s make 2017 even better!
May all our dreams come true, with pomp and splendor!
Are you a budding writer or aspiring author? Join me for a 5-Day Jumpstart Challenge from January 9-13. Click here to get a very useful pdf and to stay updated on the challenge. :)[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row]